Tissue-Tek O.C.T. The compound is used to rapidly embed fresh tissue samples for frozen sections using a cryostat. Tissue-Tek O.C.T. The compound is a formulation of clear, water-soluble glycols and resins, which provides a solid matrix to encapsulate tissue samples and adhere to the specimen holder for consistent sectioning at cryostat operating temperatures of -10°C and below.
Undesirable background staining is eliminated as no residue remains on slides during staining. O.C.T. stands for optimum cutting temperature. The high viscosity of the Tissue-Tek O.C.T Compound results in rapid freezing for optimal section quality. OCT Compound is sold in 4 oz (118 ml) squeeze bottles; 12/box.
- Glycols and water-soluble resin
- high viscosity
- The clear and uniform resin formulation
- No background staining
- The tissue remains on the slide
- Holds and holds tissue in place for rapid embedding
- Quick freeze for fast response time (TAT)
- Provides uniform cuts with minimal wavy section
- Product name: Tissue-Tek® O.C.T. Compound
- Product code: 4583
- Application: Cryotomy
- Quantity: 4 oz (118 ml) squeeze bottles; 12/box
- Regulatory Status: IVD, FDA Class I